Intimacy problems widely occur behind a variety of closed doors. Conflicts may include a loss of harmony between the sheets, a lack of sexual desire between either partners or failure in communication. There are often psychological factors that may contribute to a sexual disorder such as erectile dysfunction, or a lowered desire after a new mother has given birth. Intimacy issues are common, but if one or more become severe and there is no resolution in sight, it may be time to seek therapy for guidance.
What Makes a Satisfactory Relationship?
• Mutual Respect
Some of the signs that sex problems are affecting a relationship include:
• Disappointment in oneself or the relationship
• One or both partners are feeling dissatisfied
• Couples lack communication and disconnect from one another
• One or both partners feel neglected or unwanted
• A feeling of sexual boredom or unhappiness